Watch out, NYC 2012

It’s official.

I applied to run my 2nd NYC Marathon today. The first experience was simply amazing and I hope to be there again on November 4th, 2012, 100% healthy and ready to crush the streets of New York. (So dramatic. I know).

While I was debating whether or not to apply this year, I started picturing myself on the sidelienes on raceday. That image was motivating enough. I would hate to not be a part of the action and excitement in NYC for the weeks leading up to the race, as well as on marathon Sunday. Plus, I loved the course and the atmosphere, but my injury this past year dampened the fun a little bit. Again, I want to be there healthy and fully ready.
As I mentioned before, it’s a little more pricey this year, but (unfortunately for my bank account) the price increase didn’t deter me. My bank account will certainly be crying if I get accepted, but I’d rather spend money on this experience than the other crap I would probably spend money on…even though one of my resolutions is to pay off my credit card bill this year.
Perhaps this shows that I tend to make poor financial decisions. Whatever.
For the next four months, I’ll be anxiously awaiting my marathon fate.
Anyone else apply for the 2012 NYC Marathon? What are your goals ? Or, did you decide against it? Did the cost deter you? Too far to travel? Not a fan of marathons? Tell me your thoughts!
Share the love!

1. January 2, 2012 / 7:05 pm

Hi!! I’m trying to choose a marathon for this year, but I know I want to start with a smaller one. I’m totally intimidated by the huge ones! Best of luck getting in!!

• January 2, 2012 / 8:18 pm

Thanks! Are there any near you in Denver? I think the big marathons are so much fun but there is definitely more effort involved in planning for them, in my opinion (hotel, travel, getting to the starting line-which always seems to be difficult in big races-,finding a good location for family to see you running, etc). But any marathon would be awesome, of course. Good luck!

2. January 2, 2012 / 8:03 pm

I have guaranteed entry for 2012, but I’m still trying to decide whether I’m going to run it. It was a truly amazing experience, and I loved every second. I’m just not sure that spending 3 wks at high altitude with no running just before it will completely ruin my training plan…

Good luck with your entry!

• January 2, 2012 / 11:32 pm

Are you traveling 3 weeks before? Maybe since that’s usually the taper period you will be okay? It is a big decision though! Let me know what you decide :)

3. January 4, 2012 / 11:48 am

I hope you get in! I have a guaranteed entry since I cancelled my entry for 2011 due to silly injuries! I hope we both are injury free in 2012!

• January 4, 2012 / 2:55 pm

I SHOULD have cancelled my entry for 2011 due to injury but I’m stubborn and I didn’t, which is why I am now still injured. I’m a bad decision maker! That’s exciting that you have guaranteed entry and don’t have to wait to find out. It will be much better going into it 100% healthy. Best of luck with training!