In case you missed it (in which case, please tell me how you blocked out the entire world for the last 24 hours), the Giants won the Super Bowl yesterday. I wore my Jets jersey for the duration of the game.
Every time I walked outside I was heckled for wearing the wrong colors, but I was okay with that. I’ve deemed it acceptable to show support for a non-affiliated team if you simply don’t like either contender in the big game. But, congrats are still in order for the Giants. Great game!
So today, I was sitting in my post-Super Bowl daze/food coma, feeling too lazy to attempt to think of something to write about, when one of my favorite bloggers, Abby, “tagged” me with some fun questions to answer. Viola, a topic! Plus, I love “filling out forms” (if a list of questions counts as a form. I say yes).
The first thing on the agenda is write a list of 11 random facts about me. Next, I’ll answer the 11 questions from Abby. Lastly, I need to tag 11 other bloggers to answer some questions I’ve chosen for them.
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section like “you are tagged if you are reading this”. You (the blogger) legitimately have to tag 11 (or so) people.
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I’ve resided in 7 different states. The year I graduated from college I lived in 5 different states because of jobs and internships. (Taxes were not fun that year.) I moved to New York alone, without knowing a single person.
2. My favorite holiday is the 4th of July.
3. I enjoy cleaning. I clean for fun. Yes, I’m serious.
4. I’ve worked with two professional football teams; the Kansas City Chiefs and the New York Jets.
5. I have a 14 year old niece.
6. Too much coffee makes me tired.
7. I eat an apple with peanut butter pretty much every single day.
8. I love reading – I read everything from fiction novels to anatomy and physiology books – I’m extremely interested in the human body and the mechanics of exercise!
9. I joined the track and field team in junior high and have been consistently running ever since. (I also tried the long jump for one season but that didn’t work out so well.)
10. My friends out here on the East Coast created a nickname for me: “Weige”. Although the proper name for those of us who hail from Iowa is “Iowan”, they think Iowegian (like Norwegian) is funnier. And so, “Weige” was created. It makes me laugh every time.
11. I listen to the Elvis Duran Show on the radio every single morning. I seriously can’t get enough of them. Hysterical.
11 Questions from Abby:
- What was your best race (for whatever reason)? The Rutgers Half-Marathon in 2010; I PRed by 23 minutes and it was the first long race where I really pushed myself out of my comfort zone.
- What is your favorite place to go for retail therapy? Nordstrom – you can get anything there!
- What is your favorite color? Blue
- If you could go anywhere for a vacation, where would you go? Greece
- Best piece of advice you ever received? Well, he didn’t actually call me up and tell me this, but the wise Zac Brown once sang, “save your strength for things that you can change, forgive the ones you can’t, you gotta let ‘em go“. I love that.
- What would your friends say is your most redeeming quality? One of my closest friends recently told me she thinks I’m brave and kind. I thought that was one of the nicest things to say.
- How did you start blogging? For my first marathon, I just wanted to finish. When I started to train for my second, I wanted to get faster. I started incorporating variety into my training. I used the internet as a resource and was amazed by all the motivational running/healthy living blogs. I love following other runners and their stories, so I began blogging myself to become more involved in the network and to seek advice and support from the running community. It also helps me track my progress. I’m so thankful to have found something that I look forward to doing each day!
- Twitter or Facebook? Twitter for blogging purposes, Facebook for keeping up with family and friends (there is such an abundance of social media! I’m just now learning about Pinterest.)
- What is your pre-race ritual? I always make sure to lay out my clothes and pin my bib# on the night before. I can’t think of anything unusual I do the morning of a race...
- Woody Allen movies: Yay or Nay? I’m embarrassed to admit I had to Google him just now – I’ve heard the name but wasn’t exactly sure who he is. I’m still not sure. Therefore, I don’t really have an opinion!
- Favorite book you’ve read in the last few years. This one is hard. I read a lot. The book Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah is the last one I remember reading and being totally consumed by. I also love A Race Like No Other by Liz Robbins. I would say it’s a must-read for anyone running the NYC Marathon.
11 questions for my fellow bloggers:
1. What is your favorite fitness-related piece of advice?
2. Favorite musical artist?
3. What’s the most challenging race you’ve ever run (could be the actual course, the mental aspect of it, etc…any reason at all)?
4. Best vacation you’ve ever taken?
5. What’s your go-to dinner recipe?
6. Name a non-fitness related hobby (or two!).
7. Favorite fitness accessory?
8. What’s your dream race? What event would you sign up for if money/ability/travel/time etc weren’t factors?
9. Who motivates and inspires you most?
10. Name a goal you have for 2012.
11. Favorite funny YouTube clip: Go!
Your turn! I wanna get to know ya’. Leave an answer (or two or three) in the comments section and feel free to tag your favorite bloggers as well.