I’ve had quite the dilemma this morning…WHAT DO I DO ON A RUN-LESS SATURDAY? I have the Bronx 10-Mile race tomorrow morning, so there is a big hole in my AM festivities. What’s a girl to do with the three hours usually spent getting ready to run/running/foam rolling/showering? Normally I’m conveniently done with my routine just in time for college football and/or some kind of sporting event. But here I am, pre-football, trying to pass the time until Brendan gets home from work.
Yes, I’m running tomorrow. Nothing’s changed since I saw the doctor and I’ve been running for months and months. With that being said, I’m not racing. This is simply going to be a another slow long run for me. (SANS GARMIN! Thanks to everyone who told me they achieved a PR running Garmin-less. I appreciate the positive thoughts!)
And that’s that.
Before I head out to watch the Iowa Hawkeyes
play dominate our in-state rivals (Iowa State), I’m bringing you a list of generally good things that I’m simply excited about, interested in, or that make me happy.
(I think that was the last Iowa/Iowa State game I went to with my BFF Elie…notice that it’s dark out? That’s because we left to tailgate at 5am. Ahhh the good ol’ days!)
Let’s move on to things that you probably care more about, shall we?
- I’ve been trying to focus more on eating “clean” lately. (And by “focus” I mean “thinking about it but not fully committing to the change…YET”.) This article just about sums up why people gravitate to not-so-clean eating, and provides insight on how to make it less of a struggle: Five Keys to Overcoming the Inconvenience of Eating Well
- Fitness Challenges for the Whole Family Dance party, anyone?! Most of these challenges aren’t too taxing, but I love the idea so I’m brainstorming more fitness challenges. Burpee Contest? Sprint around the block contest? Inchworm contest?
1 minute of these are tough, trust me! (EDITED TO ADD: Just realized you have to click to video #5 to see the inchworm! Definitely don’t want to do a “carioca” contest…too clumsy!)
- Look what Brendan brought home for me! Under Armour compression tights and a Dri-Fit Jets shirt! (Ignore the weird red spot on the photo, don’t know where that came from!)
- This video for the song “Mercy” by Dave Matthews Band (New CD on September 11th!) I absolutely love the lyrics. The video was made by combining thousands of videos and photos from fans. The way I see it, the lyrics are about taking the initiative to better the world ourselves…we need to take action and to fight (and WANT to fight) to make things better around the world, rather than just hope it will become better on it’s own.
I was trying to decide which lyrics I wanted to share but I really love them all, so instead I spent entirely too much time creating this little masterpiece of words:
- Remember my other new favorite thing?
Great news: Sprigs has graciously offered to host a giveaway! Simply visit their website and comment telling me which Banjees Wrist Wallet is YOUR favorite.
If you’d like extra entries (I know you will):
1) Follow my Sprigsville pals on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Sprigsville) & tag them in a Tweet (please leave a comment saying you did so)
2) Like them on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Sprigsville) (please leave a comment saying you did so)
The lucky winner will receive the Banjees of their choice! I’ll pick a winner next Saturday, September 15th. Good luck!
Until we meet again…