13 Running Songs to Keep You Smiling

Since we’re about to change seasons (well, most of you probably are. I have no idea what happens in fall in California. Does it stay summery all the time? Please advise.) I decided to clean up my running playlist. But there were a few songs I wanted to keep around for a little longer. You know, in case I do end up signing up for that Malibu half marathon. (If my friend Katherine decides to fly out and join me! Hint hint, Kate!) Since these songs passed my test (read: I get annoyed of songs REALLY quickly so if they last more than a few weeks on my playlist it’s a sign) I figured I’d share them. Everyone needs some good songs to run to, amiright?

13 songs for a workout playlist

There is literally no rhyme or reason to this list besides the fact that they pump me up every time I hit the pavement.

Enjoy!

Colorful – Rocco DeLuca and the Burden

I Wanna Get Better – Bleachers

Bang Bang – Jessi J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj

Give It Up To Me – Sean Paul

Believe Me – Lil Wayne feat. Drake

Go – Nelly feat. Talib Kweli & Ali

Hey Porsche – Nelly

The Walker – Fitz & the Tantrums

Headspring – LL Cool J

The South – The Cadillac Three

Sleeping With a Friend – Neon Trees

Gypsy – Lady Gaga

Bad Moon Rising – Creedence Clearwater Revival

Which song(s) stood the test of time on your running playlist?

1. September 3, 2014 / 3:25 am

I listened to Bad Moon Rising during the Chicago Marathon :) Love that song! “Shower” by Becky G and “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor are both really fun running songs, too.

• September 10, 2014 / 9:33 pm

I’m pretty sure you’re the one who inspired me to put that on my playlist in the first place! It’s been there ever since the NYC Marathon last year :)

2. September 4, 2014 / 4:03 pm

This is awesome! I am so sick of my running playlist, it needs a huge makeover. One I recently discovered that I love is “Only You” by Train, a cover of the old doo wop song. So good!

• September 10, 2014 / 9:34 pm

I usually get sick of mine too, except for a few songs (hence the reason for this post, haha!) Definitely going to check that song out now. Thanks for the recommendation!

• September 10, 2014 / 9:35 pm

You are very welcome! Enjoy!

3. September 11, 2014 / 7:48 pm

Thanks for sharing the list! There are several that I will be adding! The one song that really gave me motivation this year was “Feel This Moment” by Pitbull Ft. Christina Aguilera. I did my first Ironman and when that song came on in training, all I could think of was FEELING MY MOMENT of crossing the finish line and being an Ironman. That pushed me on so many training workouts!!

• September 13, 2014 / 7:03 am

Oh that’s a good one! I had a couple songs that helped me visualize my Ironman finish as well. I would tear up every time I heard them and would picture crossing that finish line. It’s amazing what music can do!