I love reading my previous year’s goals at the beginning of each new year because they’re either A) awesome because I accomplished them or B) hilarious because I was so far from ever accomplishing even an ounce of them.
So let’s look back, shall we? My main goals from 2014:
Run a sub-2 hour half marathon. CHECKITY CHECK CHECK.
Focus more on freelancing and blogging. Umm I started to but now, not so much. Kind of let go of that goal. And I’m okay with it.
Get stronger. Wow, what a vague goal. But I can actually say yes! I’m only measuring this by how I feel lifting, doing HIIT, running, etc, but that’s a good enough measurement for me. I feel stronger than ever. Before I ate all the cookies in the land over the holidays. But that’s neither here nor there. Whatever that means.
I also had a list of the things I wanted to happen in 2014:
- Visit Kansas City/Lawrence again. Go for a run on campus. Go to a KU basketball game. NO. Wah.
- Travel for a race. If moving to Los Angeles counts as traveling for a race then YES.
- Finally try Refine Method with my friends who are obsessed with it. Find out what that’s all about. No. I didn’t even try to try Refine Method once I determined it to be too far away from the PATH train. And now I regret it.
- Actually wake up early for a workout at least once. Yes!
- Move into a new apartment with Brendan. HAHAHA. Yes, although it wasn’t exactly what I had in mind when I wrote that. I just wanted a new NJ apartment but I guess I had to go to LA for that.
- Plan our wedding. Set a date. Find a venue/menu that isn’t a million freaking dollars. DONE DONE DONE!
- Run another marathon. PR. Fail.
- Buy an actual set of pots and pans. REAL ONES. We just did this a month or so ago. And by “we” I mean Brendan.
- Do not fall off a treadmill. (I haven’t done this YET but I’m hoping this year isn’t the year either.) SUCCESS. Here’s hoping for another successful year of not-falling-off-treadmill.
- Make more friends in New Jersey. Yes! A huge success. And then I had to leave them and it was super sad. The end.
- Convince my NYC friends to visit me in NJ. And for that matter, my midwestern friends too. This was not as big of a success as I would have liked but I’m thankful I had a few visitors!
- Complete another triathlon. Preferably one that requires minimal swim training. I am crushing my 2014 goals so far. I DID complete another triathlon and it required zero swim training because I just did the bike and run legs in a relay. Soooo maybe that actually doesn’t count. I’ll get back to you on the final verdict.
- Go on an ACTUAL vacation. Preferably somewhere with a beach. THIS IS TOO IRONIC.
- Go to the dentist. (The hardest part is calling them to make the appointment. Any volunteers to help?) OMG I DIDN’T GO. So terrible and gross. Add it to the 2015 list. At least I floss every day…IS THAT NOT ENOUGH?
- Write a strongly worded letter to American Airlines concerning my disgust with them. I did not do this and I’m glad I didn’t waste my time because now I found Virgin America and JetBlue and they are fantastic.
- Convince American Airlines to give me a year of free flights on another airline because I’m never flying with them again. For a second I forgot why I was so angry with AA last year but now I remember they stole three days of my Christmas vacation to Iowa. The worst.
- Convince Brendan to try yoga with me. I now work at a yoga studio and STILL no. But I did secretly register him in our system to remove all barriers to entry. He doesn’t know that. Until now.
- Find a yoga studio in my town that isn’t hot yoga. I never found one in New Jersey but I did in LA, obviously. What’s the deal with all these goals coming true but not in the way I planned?
- Convince Brendan to train for a half marathon with me. Huge huge fail. But I think he’s warming up to the idea. (Maybe?)
- Perfect my chocolate chip cookie recipe. I didn’t perfect a from-scratch recipe but I did find the best just-add-water cookie mix ever. Draw?
- Finally send my tshirts away to get one of those fancy tshirt quilts made. No because I have zero dollars and I learned they cost lots of dollars.
- Stop living paycheck to paycheck. WILL THIS EVER HAPPEN?! NOT THIS YEAR. Next year doesn’t look good either. Wah.
How’d your 2014 goals turn out? What do you want to happen in 2015?