Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I figured today was as good a day as any to copy Ali’s “Thankful Things Thursday” idea. So I bring you my thankful things:
1. At the top of my list is naturally my family, my wonderful boyfriend, my roommates, and my friends. I have a solid support system and because of them I wake up looking forward to each day. They’ve empowered me and taught me to make the right decisions, and for that, I am thankful.
2. The Kansas Jayhawks. I am so ridiculously proud of my alma mater and can’t imagine having had a better college experience.
3. That Brendan is turkey trotting with me. Even though he doesn’t like running, he’s joining me for his second race ever and it makes my heart burst with happiness. Puppies and rainbows and all that.
4. I have a job that helps me make a difference. And lets me talk about running. Plus I get to travel; I’ve been a part of so many things this year that I never would have experienced if not for this job. And they all involved fitness and groups of motivated people fundraising to get rid of cancer for good.
5. Ugg boots. They are so warm and cozy and make my wintery commute into work so much more bearable. Sorry I’m not sorry.
6. Blogging. You, dear reader. This community. I know I just wrote an ode to running friends, but let’s be serious. What’s better than you guys? You’re my inspiration!
7. That I’m
crazy healthy enough to sign up for Ironman Lake Placid. I have the means to do so. My body is strong and I’m simply able to get up and do whatever I want to do, whenever I want.
8. I’m independent.
9. For whatever reason, a love of health and fitness has been instilled in me…as opposed to being more of a fan of coach potato-ness. (Which, I admit, I partake in sometimes. But not all the time.)
10. ProCompression socks. Simply wonderful.
11. Football. I just love football.
I’m thankful to be going to the Jets vs. Patriots game tonight. I’ll save you the trouble of coming up with a Jets joke:
12. The Midwest. I love home. I’m so glad I was raised there. In the words of Blake Shelton, “Home sweet home, I thank my lucky stars at night. I was raised down here and raised up right. And my pride, you’ve got that right. Home sweet home, where a little bit goes a long way. Where we shut ‘er down on Sunday. I won’t ever get too far away…from home sweet home.”
I hope you all are feeling thankful and are enjoying a day of family, friends, Turkey Trots, and delicious food. If you’re rushing around and are looking for a simple workout you can do at home, I got your back!
What are you thankful for today?