IF THAT TITLE DOESN’T MAKE YOU WANT TO READ THIS THEN I DON’T KNOW WHAT WILL.
Because sometimes it’s easier to write out a bunch of random thoughts instead of trying to do what you’re supposed to do by writing out a well thought out essay, here are the things going on in my head. That was a really long sentence.
Anywhoodles…(you guys seem to like that word. I don’t even know where I got it from but I’ll keep using it. I just googled it and apparently some girl named Emily came up with it. Thanks Emily, I guess. MOVING ON.)
- I love this post: Because being healthy means not ALWAYS being healthy by Fannetastic Food. You should probably read it.
- And this one: The best thing you can do for yourself – and all the women around you, written by Elizabeth Gilbert. (AKA the woman from Eat, Pray, Love.) It speaks to my last post and I love it.
- Thank goodness for Twitter. I’m pretty sure I’d have no friends without it. Jocelyn responded to my tweet
pleading for friendsasking for running buddies near me (THAT should be a part of Google maps) and connected me with a few more people. I seriously need more running friends – I miss the NYC running community so much. It’s lonely running over 10 miles alone!
- Speaking of which…I signed up for the California Triathlon club. IT’S FREE. With free workouts. Their goal is to bring triathlon to everyone so the training sessions are open to anyone at no cost. I know I always say this, but I do want to start doing a few more tris now that I live somewhere where there’s one pretty much every weekend. My ultimate goal is another Ironman before I turn 31, which is in 2016. I know 31 isn’t really a “milestone” birthday, but 30 wasn’t happening so 31 it is. My first Ironman as a married lady. I WONDER HOW DIFFERENT IT WILL BE. And OMG I’ll be in a new age group. Life is crazy. Anyway, I was thinking about doing Ironman Lake Placid again but then Brendan was all, “you should try something new!” so we were looking for locations that would also be fun to vacation, and the only one that really worked was one of the Canada ones. So we’ll see. That seems like a whole big thing. I don’t even have a passport. (I KNOW, stop right there, I know what you’re gonna say.) And I don’t speak french or understand kilometers. That’s a lot of math that I can’t do in my head. I don’t even know if they speak french or use kilometers in this part of Canada. They do SOMEWHERE in Canada right? Or am I a huge idiot?
- I biked to work once last week, which was a first for me. Since someone ran a stop sign and hit my car and then the rental car was such a huge hassle, I ended up being stranded one afternoon with no way to get to work. Since I’d rather spend my disposable income (HAHA I HAVE NONE) on juice and wine instead of Uber, I biked. It was amazingly refreshing.
- Our wedding invitations are DONE! Signed, sealed, delivered. I used Minted.com, if you’re wondering, and they were wonderful. It’s suddenly all going so fast and I’m sad because I don’t want engagement time to be over (it’s so fun!) but I also want our wedding day to be here, like NOW. Dilemmas.
- I need structure. I have Mondays off work now and I’m always all “I’m gonna be so productive and get things done and wake up early and focus all day long blah blah blah” and in reality I end up reading emails without responding to them and binge watching Gossip Girl. HELP.
- I did Yasso 800s today. This deserves it’s own post (which will be coming shortly) but the short version: 10×800 is freaking hard.
I think that’s enough from my brain. Tell me…whatchu got goin’ on?!