After that big post about my new goal, I totally disappeared from my blog. Whoops. But I’M BACK!
Things going on in my life:
– I’ve been doing a lot of bootcamp-y and high intensity type classes that involve fast treadmill running+ strength intervals. Similar to Barry’s Bootcamp, but a little different. I can tell it’s helping my regular running (hello, speedwork always works!) and now I just need to make it to the track for longer intervals.
– I ran the Mustache Dache 5K the Sunday before Thanksgiving and it was SO FUN. My friend Courtney and I signed up because there was mention of free Lagunitas beer post-race (one of my favorites). And, you know, because it was a race and supported Movember. It took place in Studio City at CBS Studios, and I didn’t even realize the course went through actual TV sets until we got there. Such pleasant surprise! I totally felt like a tourist snapping pics. I took the race easy and finished in 27:53. Afterwards, we enjoyed some beer while listening to the band. They also had that bags game set up (or cornhole, depending on where you’re from) so we played a few rounds of that. There were so many fun things to do and they all took place in the CBS Studios sets area…production place…whatever it’s called. I thought it was all so cool and I’m not even a big TV person like pretty much everyone here is. OH and there were all these tiny trailer-looking houses where I imagine they like, do makeup or something. (But I have absolutely not idea.) It was like a mini town that made no logistical sense whatsoever. Kind of surreal.
– I was offered a new position at the yoga studio I was working at once a week – I’m now their new assistant director! It’s totally different than anything I’ve ever done but I’m loving it so far.
– We had some more friends in town over Thanksgiving. (Who’s next?! We’ve had someone every month we’ve lived here but December and January are looking a little quiet…) I feel bad because I didn’t cook anything and they cooked everything, but then again I don’t think anyone would have wanted me to cook. It was weird to have a warm-weather Thanksgiving, but we had a wonderful weekend and I’m so glad they were all here!
– Lastly, I got a horrible haircut yesterday. It’s too short and I’ll be hibernating as much as possible for the next two months until it grows out. Every time I get a haircut I hate it. It appears that no hair stylists can work with my hair. WHAT’S THE DEAL. Even my freaking ponytail looks stupid and I can barely make a bun.
Anddddd that’s about everything. How was your Thanksgiving? What do you do with a bad haircut that can’t be fixed? Should I invest in a lot of hats?