I had a very sugary weekend.
Although the “heart shaped” cookies I tried to make didn’t exactly look like hearts, they were still pretty delicious if I say so myself. I’m speaking in past tense because yes, they are already gone. (For the record, I live with boys AND I took some to a friends house. I didn’t eat them all on my own!)
I may have also eaten half a bag of sweet tarts. It’s not even Valentine’s Day yet and I’ve lost all my taste buds. Oops.
On Saturday, after my whole “I’m okay with not running today” speech, I went to the gym for some cycling action. I selected a hilly route and biked 10 miles.
In other news, I’ve
wasted spent a considerable amount of time on fashion and style blogs in the past couple days (you would never know – my wardrobe mainly consists of yoga pants and sweatshirts) and a recurring theme in the style blogging world seems to be “what’s in my bag”. So, I’ve decided to borrow that concept, and today I would like to share my running favorites:
What’s in my Running Bag?
Very groundbreaking stuff.
I’m sure you’ve seen all of this before, but allow me to elaborate:
1. GAIAM Metro Gym Bag I have two bags in this photo. This one I usually take to yoga or for a quick gym session (AKA when I’m not showering there). It’s small, simple, and has lots of pockets, which I love.
3. Feetures Original No Show Socks Like running on little clouds (or how I imagine that would be). So soft and cushiony and my feet are always dry in these.
4. GAIAM Workout Towel I obviously shop at Target a lot, seeing as GAIAM products are sold there and I already have two listed. I got this little towel on a whim. It does its job, but I wish it was a little softer.
5. Lululemon Cross My Heart Sports Bra So comfy!
6. Touch Screen Gloves My parents (Hi!) gave me these gloves for Christmas. I will have to get back to you on the brand. They are warm and cozy and I can still use them on my iPod to change the song, which I do a lot.
7. Reebok Resistance Bands My gym doesn’t have any so sometimes I bring my own. I even used to keep one at work!
8. The Stick Targeted muscle massage = lovely. You decide the amount of pressure. Their cute slogan is “A Toothbrush for Muscles”. I bought mine at the NYC Marathon expo. (No I don’t usually carry this with me).
9. Nike Duffel Bag This bag is very roomy. Again, lots of pockets. I used this one when I would go to the gym before/after work and shower there. I don’t have a membership to that specific one anymore; but that gym‘s locker room was seriously like a spa, it was fabulous.
11. KT Tape I do have KT tape in my bag. I’ve only used it twice. The jury is still out on this one…I believe if you have to use it, that means there’s something wrong. You should probably focus on fixing the problem rather than masking the problem. (By the way, when I was trying to visit the website, I accidentally typed ktape.com and this came up. WHAT?!)
12. Body Glide Good for long runs. Enough said.
13. Garmin Forerunner 405cx I’ve had this for a couple years now and it still works great. Sometimes finding satellites takes a little longer than I’d like. I love that it sends my splits and run info to a website where I can track and analyze.
So there’s my not-so-quick rundown. Last night I wrote down an interval workout that I’m heading out to complete right now. More on that later!
What are your running must-haves? Did you eat too much Valentine’s Day candy this weekend too?